HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are you doing to your properties this year?
Old 03-25-2009, 05:18 PM
bowmanaj
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are you doing to your properties this year?

I limed and fertilized last summer, and a new clover/alfalfa plot is going in this weekend, but I will most likely wait for right before a good rain. Hoping the weatherman is right about rain saturday evening.A smallwinter wheat plot will go in late august/early sept.. Spent last weekend at the farm with a bobcat/brush-hog attachment, some chainsaws, rakes, atv's, and friends. For as much fun as we had, it was a productive weekend.

There is also a 1/4 acre of corn going in (forthe family and friendsto eat, some will be left for deer). Last year i planted 4 crab apples and 2 red delicious apple trees. I bought 4more today at big lots pretty cheap but their trees alwayslook good. I pruned the trees I planted last year and they are getting leaves now. Sunflowers will go around one edge of the pond. In the winter I built some duck boxes for the pond also. Other than that, just more stands going up. I will post pics in a few months once everything is growing good.

Caleb--keep us updated, sounds awesome