HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anybody here this good of shot?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 06:53 AM
bowdoc1

Default RE: Anybody here this good of shot?

SchultzyIt works the other way to. I got really in voled in PBS back in the late 70's and 80 as a regular member and got to hunt with bowhunters that I had read about bring so called great bowhunters. After hunting with them a few times I didn't thing of them being great bowhunters ether. Hunters maybe, but archers no. They would talk about how many deer they lost every year to get one and some would kill two are threebucks a year on onetag till they got that big one for the books. When hunting out of state with them they were always scare the crap out of me by wanting to do something that wasn'tlegal, trespass on ground to hunt or have others drive deer to them.The big bucks they did get was shot in the leg, neck are the butt. They were so called good hunters not target shooters.I knew one that shot two P&Y bucks in one night and didn't find ether one of them, but one about a week later a farmer found one of them dead. Guess what a picture of it showed up in a bowhuntingmagazine as his big buck that year and he was the big time bowhunter telling bowhunters how to hunt big bucks.After hunting arounda lot of bowhuntersthey started calling meone of thosepoachers just because I was a so called PBS member. I got tired of it and dropped out of it.