HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - arrow straightness
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 10:20 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: arrow straightness

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

The way they shoot with open blade broadheads is basically what I am referring to. The difference is not between .006 or .001 in advertised straightness. It is between which of the dozen is as straight as it's claimed to be and which ones are out by much more. I've shot arrows where maybe 5 of the dozen would really group right with broadheads (out to 40 yards) and for some reason that bothered me a bit. The Carbon Techs I shoot now are all good with broadheads, and they are only advertised at .005.
Joe,
The arrows in my signature are the MOST consistent I've shot, not Gold Tip XT (the good ones, not the .006's), PSE Carbon Force Radial Weave (also good ones), nor the Beman or Carbon Expresses I've shot have been as consistent, and all were cut appropriately by the same shop. But I've never had any single dozen arrows that I could only get 5 of the 12 to shoot well. I've had a couple that 2 or 3 had issues, but never anything that extreme. Part of the reason I keep going back to the arrows I use is that awesome consistency, again, several have gotten the RH treatment, including the one in my avatar, and at $52/dozen raw, they're the best arrow that my frugal $$$$ can buy!!!!