HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - let's talk about BHs and hitting bone...
Old 03-21-2009, 06:22 AM
chrowski
Fork Horn

Default let's talk about BHs and hitting bone...

Hey all,

Let's talk about your broadheads and hitting hard bones along with the rest of the hunting experience that resulted...

I'm talking shoulder and spine shots, the shots that we all wish we had back once they leave your hand...

I personally have never hit a bone , ribs aside,(I’ve only been hunting for 3 years and haven’t had as many opportunities to ‘hit bones’ as I’d like) but this past hunting season using the Rage 2blade I found myself aiming slightly towards the rear of the animal subconsciously. I’ve had great success with the rage 2blade but I just don’t trust expandables if bone issues occur, and I cannot shoot what I do not have absolute faith in. Also,I’ve been hunting with friends using expandables that claim a spine shot and we didn’t find so much as a drop of blood, could very well just be the shooters fault.
I know switching to fixed blades doesn’t buy you immunity, but it’ll probably be closer to it than expandables.
So, let’s hear your stories of hitting hard bones with your broadheads, fixed blades or not, and what ended up happening… pictures as evidence are preferable. [:-]

--tom