HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:53 PM
drockw
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

I've had quite a few interesting things happen in my few years... This one is probably the funniest though... Me, my dad, and my uncle were all deer hunting. It was nov. during the rut. We hunt on the river and usually just drop each other off at whatever spot we are planning on hunting. I was probably about 11yrs. old and it was a morning hunt. The stand was new, and I wasnt sure where to go when i got in the woods, so dad and the good ole uncle get outta the boat to walk me there. Well, my uncle figured the boat would be fine w/out tying it up since tehy would only be out long enough to walk me to my stand which was only 50 or 60 yards from the bank. Keep in mind I was still a youngster so going to the stand in the dark wasnt exactly a walk in the park Anyways, you know the rest lol! The boat ended up driftin out from the bank, and in the mid nov. cold, my uncle had to swim to it lol! He stripped down to nothing and did it to and tuffed out the hunt. It was definately a lesson learned for all of us too. Some of you may think that it would be ridiculous to ever not tie it up, but we were/are constantly on the river even today and usually have good judgement on the ways of the river. Not that day though[&:]

Another weird thing ive had happen was I had a bird land on the tip of my rifle a few years back while I was ground hunting a field edge. Here i am just sitting here still, and a bird lands right on the gun barrel.

Derek