HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?
Old 03-19-2009, 04:03 PM
lrhuntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

Also last spring Ihad a fox sit no more than 20 yards from me and watch as I picked up my turkey decoys after a morning hunt. He didn't have a care in the world. Seemed like he was enjoying watching me pick the decoys up and pack other things. Wasn't scared of me one bit.

He finally walked off and I continued to pack and head for the truck. I was about 40 yards from the truck when I happend to turn around and see the fox following me up the logging road. I stopped and looked at him at he stopped aswell. I then continued to the truck and the fox did the same. He was almost mimicking me. So I got to the truck and started loading everything in, every now and then looking behind me and watching the fox watch me from the same distance of about 20 yards.

He finally got bored and calmly walked into the woods. Don't know if he ever came back because I left right after that but it was still very cool and odd.