HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hunting is to easy these days
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 03:00 AM
1eyebuck

Default RE: hunting is to easy these days

Hi Everyone,Feeding does make things easier to get deer in the area you want them in. Lets say feeding was no longer legal, then someone would just plant a food plot and feed them that way. It's with in the law. I don't cordone feeding by any means, what might be wrong for one is right for another. We should stick together no matter what so our differences are. What you can do if there is no feeding allowed in your area is to start scouting right after the season ends. If there is snow you look for tracks, even though deer feeding patterns change per season this gives you a start of where they will be near the end of the season the next year. Next scout in August, this will give you an idea where they will be during bow. Use things to your advantage, like snow, look for tracks, if you see only little ones but see they are constant threw new snow fall you should have an idea that some deer use that area. Maybe not the ones you’re looking for but some. Keep looking until you find the sign you’re looking for. Then the next year go into that spot very early, at least ½ hour before the sun even thinks about coming up. Stay all day, don’t leave the spot. This will give you a fair idea of what goes through that area at what times. If you see nothing that day, don’t give up. Look for deer crap on the ground in the area. If you find some the ones you’re looking for are large and long, this is an indication of a mature deer or a buck. Clumped crap even better, more likely a mature buck. Wet even better means you just missed them. Hunt near draws where woods funnel down and 2 or 3 pieces of land go into 1. I always start out hunting one spot for a week then making adjustments when needed like I mentioned above. Be patient, very still and always stay awake. Try and stand as still as possible and only move your head side to side. Avoid swatting bugs or itching yourself or limit your movements to as slow as possible and as straight as possible. I hunt hard and get great results most times but I have been skunked. Keep a positive attitude and stay committed and you will have success. Please don’t patronize someone for something you can’t do because of things outside or your control and remember we have a wonderful and precious privilege. The anti’s are always happy to see us scuffle with each other. BTW – speaking of anti’s, I’m starting a new anti vegetarian group – save our tomatoes and broccoli, they can’t do it them selves! J God Bless and stay safe and have fun…