Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting is to easy these days

Old 03-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default hunting is to easy these days

i like to go into a new area with know idea whats there,no camera's ,no feeding. just hunt for a few days and half the fun is trying to find big buck sign on new property. i like to kill a buck the first time i lay eyes on him. its the way everyone used to hunt where i live,now we have guys feeding so much you will hardly ever see a deer on some property. they just as well go high fence and just raise farm deer to shoot.

i saw a guy near me last week with a bunch of new feeders on his truck,thats fine now. come sept 1 its illegal to feed deer in va. so this year i'm sending the warden to them all.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting is to easy these days

Well maybe its easier because of some new techonology- bows, guns, etc. but I would say that it seems like a challenge. I mean my buck from last year was shot the first time I saw him but I wouldn't have minded getting a pic of him. But thats JMO ( this will be my fifth year of hunting.)
Old 03-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: srwshooter

i like to go into a new area with know idea whats there,no camera's ,no feeding. just hunt for a few days and half the fun is trying to find big buck sign on new property. i like to kill a buck the first time i lay eyes on him. its the way everyone used to hunt where i live,now we have guys feeding so much you will hardly ever see a deer on some property. they just as well go high fence and just raise farm deer to shoot.

i saw a guy near me last week with a bunch of new feeders on his truck,thats fine now. come sept 1 its illegal to feed deer in va. so this year i'm sending the warden to them all.
You hunt your way and we'll hunt ours.

As for calling the law on people using feeders... If it's illegal then more power to you.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

People who bait are just flat out lazy!No if's and's or but's about it.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, you sound real confident about yourself. Just go in there, walk around and shoot a buck. Good strategy, but how often does that work for ya? And are you the kind that says I shot a buck with inch antlers too? But it was a buck. Sorry, my strategy is putting up cams and studying what I have around. Wait for a buck that looks like the biggest of the bunch and set out for him. I have goals I like to deal with, not just luck. Get picky about what you are shooting. Maybe then you'll say "well maybe this isn't as easy as I thought". And so what if a guy has feeders. Doesn't mean all the deer go to feeders. Maybe theres other problems that won't keep deer on property. Such as people walking around all the time. ANd just curious, how do you know where other people are putting their feeders? Other than having to go on their land?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:15 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mottz

Wow, you sound real confident about yourself. Just go in there, walk around and shoot a buck. Good strategy, but how often does that work for ya? And are you the kind that says I shot a buck with inch antlers too? But it was a buck. Sorry, my strategy is putting up cams and studying what I have around. Wait for a buck that looks like the biggest of the bunch and set out for him. I have goals I like to deal with, not just luck. Get picky about what you are shooting. Maybe then you'll say "well maybe this isn't as easy as I thought". And so what if a guy has feeders. Doesn't mean all the deer go to feeders. Maybe theres other problems that won't keep deer on property. Such as people walking around all the time. ANd just curious, how do you know where other people are putting their feeders? Other than having to go on their land?
mottz, i had 4 place to hunt within 20min of home last year,my goal was to take only bucks atleast with atleast ear width racks. i killed 3 bucks on 3 different pieces of property. 2-8pts and a 9pt.

as far as the deer feeders ,i know these guys really well. there feeding deer. having watched more and more people move in near me and having hunted 90%of the land they now own,i know what they are doing. plus they talk to much about the big deer they kill over bait.

oh,if these 2 are not big enough ,let me know.i'll try to do better next season. killed the first 9pt on monday and the 8pt on tuesday during the rut. both chasing does.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

i hunted like this guy's talking about this year. i hunted on base, and i didn't see crap. i felt it was a big disadvantage for me to not know where to go, and not to have any idea where the deer were. sure i found some sign, but you can't put sign on the dinner table.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you think hunting is too easy, come on up to northern New England.
No cameras, no baiting, just miles of woods with the deer population lower than you probably have ever experienced.
We have some of the biggest bucks in the country that dress well over 200 pounds. The kind of deer that will take you breath away.

So, if you want a real challenge, c'mon up and spend a week hunting these big bucks.
You might be lucky enough just to see one.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: brushbustin

People who bait are just flat out lazy!No if's and's or but's about it.
Sorry, didn't know Chuck Adams was on this forum. Calling someone lazy for baiting is a pretty bold statement, but your ignorant comment doesn't hurt my feelings one bit. I bait during the entire bow season, if you feel that makes me a lazy hunter thats your opinion. Its perfectly legal in the state ofMaryland, and until its not, I will continue to do so and consistantely take nice deer with my bow.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

I happen to know that Grottoes,VA..is located very close to the Shenandoah National Park. So depending were you hunt determines how "easy it is" to kill nice bucks every year.

Quick Reply: hunting is to easy these days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.