HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Alphamax 35 redux....
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 06:14 PM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alphamax 35 redux....

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Like I eluded too in your earlier post,seems like you let a setup issue get in your head and really affect your confidence in yourself and the equipment.

I am really surprised at just how well I am shooting my AM 35,better than I shot my xtec and I owned it for several years and the am for just a few months.AND yes,the speed is a plus.I am getting 292 out of a 280 grain arrow at 57#'s(yes,I know it is 5 gr light,shop didn't have 70 grain inserts,need to order some) That is @ 28".

Anyone interested in an xtec,thinking of a 32 now.
Oh absolutely- I knew all the time it was me (once I got the Limbdriver issue worked out)- It totally messed with me- and until I got the Admiral out and was able to settle myself down, I was having major probs with the 35- subconcious.

The valley on the AM35 also takes some getting used to-I know that was making matter worse- On the D & E mods it's VERY narrow. the valley on my GT500 and Admiral are much better- you really lock in and can relax much better with the binaries- but I'm working out what I need to with AM35- need to be more concious how I "lock up" at full draw (back tension, and bow arm EDIT- SHOULDER)

And yes, the bow is quick too- Surprisingly so. My shop owner has noticed that the 29" draw 35s are faster than the 29" AM32s (#3 cams) as well as the 30" AM35s (#3 cams). I've heard of guys getting 319-320 out of the 29" AM35- I'd say it's very feasible considering what mine is doing.

Will head up friday and run a few more through it- I really need to do something about arrows- unfortunately the arrows I use in the Admiral (Maxima 350s) are too stiff for the AM35. Will have to shoot these 3 ICSH for awhile- as I bought my GF an engagement ring today so needless to say-I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment