Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Alphamax 35 redux.... >

Alphamax 35 redux....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Alphamax 35 redux....

Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alphamax 35 redux....

Easy enough Russ- thanks!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:59 PM

Jeff, I've really had great service from my rests so I hope you try it. You need to shoot one vane straight down through the "V" for best results. My neighbor has had one for about 5 years but he insists on shooting one vane up[&:] I show him how the other vanes will hit the hook on the launcher but he insists on shooting it that way and says he's getting great accuracy.. His vanes never look too good though
Old 03-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff- I had the LD on the AM (traded it for a pro-elite[8D]) and it was excellent. NEver a single problem with it. I put it on, and it worked just as well as it did as when i had it on my Bowtech's. I actually used the stock cord on it and everything and it was all well. No crazy paper tears and tuning was just the same as is with any other rest. I thought for quite a while aobut your AM/LD issue, and the only real thing i could think of is a possible issue with your particular LD. With all of the people using them on the AM's I seriously doubt a compatibility issue with the AM/LD. What puzzles me though, is that you have normal results with it on your Admiral. Here is a pic of the placement for my setup, but i really dont think the cord placement could have too much effect on it???

I put it where it is at there and never had an issue with it. YOU can see a glimpse of both of my hobbies in this pic lol!!! You will see them Jeff, others may not...

Derek
Old 03-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a pic of the position of the rest. No tricky setup or anything secret to make it work. Just a basic rest install for me. Thats why its hard for me to figure out why yours isnt working well w/out there being something wrong with the rest.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

IDK either Derek- I think it was an issue of the flexible launcher and some bounceback- I want to try it again, but am going to wait til I'm totally back in the groove shooting before I start tinkering again.

I'd really like to get one of those high speed cameras I wonder if it's possible too loose of a nock fit would cause an arrow to leave the string before the string came back to brace height? (thus causing the arrow to be ahead -"speed wise"- of the rest)

Did you ever sell that cab? And is that a Morley? (edit- I also finally made a clip of that Strat- I decided to keep it and sell my V, strat plays too good- LMK and I'll post a link if ya wanna hear what you missed buying!)

Old 03-20-2009, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I sold it. Got what i paid for it! Yeah its a morley vai wah. One of the only pedals that ive actually bought and never gotten rid of. Lets hear the strat!!!

About the nock bein loose... If your saying what i think your saying, then there shouldnt be anyway possible that could physically happen. Unless you have some kind of thrust in the nock

Old 03-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

Yeah I sold it. Got what i paid for it! Yeah its a morley vai wah. One of the only pedals that ive actually bought and never gotten rid of. Lets hear the strat!!!

About the nock bein loose... If your saying what i think your saying, then there shouldnt be anyway possible that could physically happen. Unless you have some kind of thrust in the nock
Yeah- I think we are on the same wavelength as to what i was referring to re: the nock. Its too loose and from the forward motion of the string actually leaves a bit before the string comes back to brace height- thus causing it to be faster than if it travelled along with the string exactly.

I suspect before we had high speed cameras, no-one would have thought a bow riser or limbs or strings vibrate like they do either! who knows!??

Here's a clip of the strat- excuse the "ums" I tend to do that when rambling on my gear demos.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7399260

click on "play hi fi" when ou get to the page.