HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Speed Breech.....
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 08:02 PM
hunting junkie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Speed Breech.....

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

kb1

Kinda as I said probably not necessary, but I would really prefer to clean the tape out of the threads than grease...

Plus for me it it is just added insurance. Also it might help keep carbon out of the gas seal rings and protect the "O" ring a bit.

The Triumpgh is the cleanest 209 shooting gun I have ever owned and I can not tell you how happy I am about that.

Lee

It appears for me right now the 24 will be the sabot of choice in the Triumph. It is really tough to get a short black or even a 40/50 blue crush rib down the bore, but the 24, the regular MMP blue, and the Harvester 45/50 black 'crush rib' load very well. The 'crush rib' might even be a bit loose.

I like the 24 because it SEEMS to grip the projectile a bit better than the Harvesters. Bullet grip is important to me especially when I shoot .451 Noslers - if the sabot starts turning and the projectile slips inside and does not turn right away (one of Neutons) laws - I believe that could lead to accuracy problems... Probably just a difference in polymere formuation. Again, probably my imagination working overtime but....

My o ring has a couple of grooves in it, i noticed the other day before the range time.Take it from a guy who now knows.When you see this change it.There was a lotta clean up required last time after the range session.I thought it would be no big deal, wrong. I think this is a great idea and i will use it from now on.By the way sabotloaderwhat did TC ever say about the orings, did you order them?Just wondering how much they are i see they sell 3 packs on e-bay.