HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY hunters--blaze orange
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 07:14 AM
model722

Default RE: NY hunters--blaze orange

Shaky I don' t think you are being a jerk at all, a little to trust worthy of law passers but not a jerk. Like I said before we can not compare vehicle laws to hunting laws. For the simple reason most people drive, not that many hunt. I do think we are in agreement that B.O. is safe. I' m just TOTALLY against passing more and more laws. As far as the saftey coarse issue goes it is a law already there so why don' t we do a better job of getting the info out. If you want an example of how laws (in general) can just keep going and going look at California.

Like I have said before if your going to make a law for hunters to wear orange then we better start making laws that during season EVERYONE in the woods is going to have to wear orange. All these laws are doing is giving fuel to the anti' s. Hunting has been going on for thousands of years, there is and always will be unsafe people. My question is HOW IN THE HE** DID OUR ANCESTERS HUNT AND NOT GET KILLED WITHOUT ALL THESE STUPID, NO COMMON SENSE, LAWS? All these laws are doing is giving us (hunters) a BAD name. I wonder how any of us made it this far without all of these self saving laws? Once again I ask when is enough going to be enough? Like I said there is no reason for a hunter to be in a tree, that is probably the next thing that will be under attack. What are you going to do then turn and say " well I can see where it is unsafe, well I don' t do it any way so maybe it is a good law" ?