HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .460 Smith&Wesson Loads?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 11:12 PM
idahoelkinstructor
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: .460 Smith&Wesson Loads?

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Bad news for this round is if you ever shoot at the edge of dark, you will go blind with muzzleflash. And I did perm damage to my left ear year before last.

Third, for some strange reason, I can't get it to shoot 45colts near as well. I have no idea why. But no problem, there are tons of reduced cast loads with unique.
I believe you about your ear damage, my.454 Ranging Bull was bad enough that I never shot it without some form ofhearing protection. In a emergency sureI would but then and only then, which I hope never happens.

I wonder too if the 45 colts don't fly well becasue they start out the first inch or so flying through air until they make contact with the forcing cone? Don't know just a guess? I will shoot my pistol with all three cartridges and post my results for you and others to read.I'll admit that,to say I am excited about this pistol is a understatement.The past year for mehas been busy, crazy, andvery stressfull, this is nice to have this on my mind instead of worries and stress.