HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bows for my wife???
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 10:43 AM
teedub31
Typical Buck

Default Bows for my wife???

Well after 18 years out of archery I picked it up again this past fall and harvested the largest deer I have ever taken (gun or bow).This was with equipment dated just a few years after the caveman went extinct. So I immediately ponied up the money for a new Hoyt PowerHawk and have been giddy ever since.

Since that time my wife has dropped some hint here and there about shooting.She is looking for a hobby.I catch her looking through my archery catalogs. I think she is open to the idea of archery. Sheeven went to the range with me willingly the other day.We happened to run into a father/mother/daughter combo all practicing as a group.I think that scored some big points. Anyhow the lady allowed Sandy to shoot her Browning MicroMidas. It was her first time ever flinging a few arrows. Softball size groups at 20 yards with a bow not fit or tuned to her kinda got her excited. She drew a few other bows at the shop. At the end of the day she had more catalogs from PSE,Browning and Matthews and told me with a smile that it was a tolerable experience.

Anyhow, this might be my opportunity. Not sure if hunting would be of interest to her or not. Anyhow the Browning MM was a 29 lb pull, which she had absolutely no problem with, but pulling 40 this early was too much (she could get it back but struggled). So I am thinking of a 30-40 lbs bow. she will most likely be a 20-25 in draw. I know I can look at catalog specs all day, but what have you guys had a chance to experience in womens bows. After my selection process, I am partial to Hoyts (Kobalt or Trykon for her), but would like imput on other makes that she should look into.

Thanks for help in our search for her "New Passion"