HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how many shots have you goten at 1 deer?
Old 07-27-2003, 11:59 PM
DaveC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how many shots have you goten at 1 deer?

As far as quiet bows goes-
It took me 3 shots with a .44 mag to connect on a 16" east Texas eight point a couple years ago. He was 50 yards away and when I first saw him I grabbed my Scoped redhawk and yanked the hammer back. The " cha-clink" noise got his attention. He stared my direction as he stood broadside for all 3 rounds. When I dressed him out he had hair missing from his brisket where shot #1 grazed him.

My dad was hunting around the corner and called me on my cell phone to see if I was shooting at dogs!! " What? dad? is that you? (I was a little deaf at that point) Nope no dogs,nice buck- I guess I was just a little excited "

No multiple bow shots for me. Like it was said before, as soon as I touch the release- their headed otta there.

PIGS on the other hand. When they' re in a group get ready to quick draw. Becasue the first bow shot and resulting squeel only scatters the group and they all look around trying to figure out what happened. This allows for an easy second shot on another pig. I' ve pulled this off twice. Third shots are not out of the question.