HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - admiral timing?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 11:39 AM
walks with a gimp

Default RE: admiral timing?

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Ah, my apologies guys. I didn't realized that! I have yet to buy a CP style bow. Now I'm curious.

WWAG, can you elaborate for me how you would set the synch on these bows now? I'm just not seeing how you can properly synchronize the cams to compenstate from not pulling from the center of the string at brace. Perhaps I'm missing something here.
With the Binary cam system, the cams are physically tied togther throughout the draw cycle. It dosen't matter where you pull the string from as both cams have no other option but to pay out equal lengths of string from brace. Sure you are pulling above center but all that means is that the top part of the string measures shorter than the bottom part of the string as measured from the last point of contact with the cam grooves. The cams are still in sync if they are sync'd at brace. Where we've normally thought that the cams were out of sync, as with your Allegiance at full draw, is where what is actually happening is that the cable angles going to the module stops are slightly different due to the cable rod/slide/roller guard. Now, if the designers would design a top module so to allow for the different cable angle than the bottom according to the cable rod/guide, the cams would be in synchronization throughout the draw cycle. We could also modify one of the module stops, to stop in unison with the other at full draw while the cams are sync'd at brace. If we did that, we would see consistent accuracy through variations of draw length (read creep tuning), we would see maxium speed (both cams working exactly together) and we would see the least vibration as both cams come to rest at the same instant (read lack of kick)
For the Admiral, I'd recommend to perfectly sync both cams to the exact same orientation at brace and at full draw, install a bottom draw stop post and adjust it to contact the cable at the same instant as the top draw stop post. This gets the cams starting out at the same instant and the stops stopping the draw at the exact same instant. With two stops you won't overdraw the single stop and "bend" that cable, slightly altering that cable length. With two stops on an Admral you would be doing the same thing as modifying one of the stops on an Allegiance cam system and having them both stop at the same time.