HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Limb-Driver or Whammy rest?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Kbeaner
Spike

Default Limb-Driver or Whammy rest?

After reading the post below about drop-a-ways and muzzyman88 pointed out some interesting facts about most rests and the cable attatchment of the cord, I think I have narrowed the selection down to these 2. I've got a Mathews Switchback XT on the way and a new rest is in store. Currently I shoot the whisker biscuit and have for 8 years with no problems, I just want to try something new. One question I do have is about the arrow sliding off the rest such as when the bow is lying across my lap while in the stand, I don't want to have to reach up and put the arrow in the rest when game is approaching; I want raise the bow and prepare for the shot...without touching the arrow. Is this an issue with either of these rests? (to me it appears that the limbdriver is the only one with this potential problem?) and lastly, in Lancaster and my local pro shop, they offer the " Limb Saver fall-a-way rest" it doesn't specifically say Limb Driver...are they one in the same or is the limb driver a different rest? Thanks for the input guys.

P.S-I noticed that Trophy Ridge now carries the whisker biscuit, what happened to Carolina Archery? did Trophy Ridge buy them out?

-Kevin