HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 2 Rut Busters Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 09:50 PM
whitetaildreamer
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 2 Rut Busters Thread

Haven 't been on for a while due my busy season (spring Drama production that I write, direct and produce. Hope you all had a safe and wonderful season. though I was only able to arrow a buck this year it was sure just nice getting out there. It's been ridiculously cold here since just before Christmas. My family wasdown south for 10 days (including a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean)just after Christmas and when we left Miami it was 84 and when we arrived in Winnipeg a dozen or so hours later it was -42. Talk about theballscontracting to the belly. Hope you guys in the central states made itsafely through the snow and the ice storms. I hearthe eastern states had some bad weather also. I'm already starting to organize for next season. Hopefully the weather will break and I will see how the deer wintered the verycold winter we have had.This past season the deer went totallynaucternialduring mid ML and totally during our rifle season. I've talked to many hunters that hunted in both Southern and Central Manitoba and every one that I talked to had the same difficulties. Any of you guys south of the boarder have the same problems? Manybe some changes for next season like getting farther into the bush on their travel routes. Any ideas?