HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - points system?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Bowfisher5
Fork Horn

Default RE: points system?

Team Points

Taking Newbies out on a tournament......100 points

I am all for doing some point system, anything to increace theattendence. Imake most of all the the club tournaments but I don't think that I have ever had the same team twice. I try to take someone new outevery tournament, with the hope that they will joinor in some way benefit our club. Right now I amlooking at taking aDNR fishing biologistand an outdoor sports writer as my guests (Team Members) for the Billy Davis Memorial Tournament.

What makes up a team...how many members to a team?

Maybe it would be better to have a Boat Of the Year award. Points given to the boat for tournament won, biggest fish shot out of that boat, point for making every tournament, etc.

What tournaments or fun shoots?The club only puts on 3 tournaments now. The rest are fun shoots and the tournament put on by the Shelby boys and is not an Illinois Bowfishers tournament but listed on our site.

Now, IMHO, let me state again that I am for a point system for Team and individual Bowfisher of the year. I think the Team of the year should be on a different point system forIllinois Bowfishers Tournaments (Rend, Shelbyville and Carlyle) and everything else is just a fun shoot. Points should be given also for working IB events as the Fishing Fun Fair, contributing articles or pics for the Straight Shooter, seminars, shooting in the IB9C (awarding points for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd) to be added towards the Bowfisher of the year. I'm sure that I'm forgetting other things that can be added to the list to make points. Remeber that a lot of our members like to shoot fish and don't even have boats or have a boat that does not have lights on it.

Just trying to make it fair for all. Now lets getworkable point system and get started.

Bowfisher