HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Kansas Game Commission Appointees
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 02:27 PM
MarkIIVT

Default RE: New Kansas Game Commission Appointees

What it is really is a decesion based on the sitting Commisioners conscience, and their assessment of whether these appointees really are a benefit for the State of Kansas. The Commissioners need to assess what the balance is. They have responsibilities and committments not only to the duty of their appointments, but also to the process. I will support their decision whatever they decide to do. The real risk is that Chairman Dykes could possibly lose the Chairmanship. We will need a strong Chairman if this moves forward as is. Chairman Dykes is the leader and must act as such. He has a heavy burden at the moment, and difficult decisions now and in the future. This is not easy, but it is a radical action based on response to a radical action. The commissioners must decide what is in the best intrests for the Outdoor public in the State of Kansas.

I have checked up on Appointee Wilson. All I can find is assistance in the Developement of Environmental Education Standards for K-12, and arrangements for conferences, opening nature trails, etc. There is not any applied scienc, math, or analysis to address environmental issues or wildlife issues. She simply has nothing that would merit appointment to a commission to determine public policy for the State of Kansas. Ditto for Appointee Johnston. All he has in favor is a hunting license. The rest of what he does is lobbying against gun rights and running an organization that is anti-gun. Both of these 2 appointees only ' qualifications" are radical political stances not in step with the People of the State of Kansas. The qualifications of the appointees is what I really have a problem with. I do not think merely having a hunting license is a qualification or litmus test. The real question is do the appointees have a level of qualification needed to determine policy for the State of Kansas in terms of Wildlife and Parks issues. This current class of ' 03 Commission appointees does not have elementary let alone exceptional experience or qualification.

My biggest conceren is not so much this particular set of Appointees. I am concerned about ALL appointments this Governor has made to all areas of Kansas Government. This should scare the hell out of everybody. Are all appointments as bad as this? How many other Commissioners, Appointments, has the Governor used the same bad judgement on? Are criminals and axxe murderers being appointed to the Parole Board for instance?? All her appointments are very difficult to overturn. This will effect policy in the State of Kansas now and in the future of ALL ISSUES AFFECTING ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE in KANSAS. So, strictly in view of her appointing process and the accross the board disregard for the will of the People of the State of Kansas, THIS GOVERNOR SHOULD BE RECALLED.