HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - are we having a meeting saturday night of the deer classic?
Old 02-18-2009, 05:07 AM
HNI_Christine
Super Moderator

Default RE: are we having a meeting saturday night of the deer classic?

No problem Slim. I appreciate you stepping upto work on these things.

I do know that we still don't havepermission for a tourneyon Carlyle.Dave is working on that.The proposed format was a big 10 or 15,held in the daytime.We also need our BAA insurance certificates, hopefully Dave can get those down at the BAA meeting.

Fish disposal will be provided by the USACE and IL DNR at Rend again this year.

My position and Rob's were up this year. Nobody has stepped forward for the President, even despite some arm twisting from me. I did nominateLuke but hedeclined. Mike Steffa and Joanne were nominated for Secretary. Mike then withdrew his nomination (and he didn't even forget to pay his taxes!). So... there was no point in mailing out ballots for a one person election.

The newsletter is done. However, I cannot get the software to print two sided. I'll screw with that today.I also need to get my printerfully functioningagain. I think it's just out of magenta toner (which has been ordered). Otherwise the drums are messed up.... which would be bad.(Ifit's not one thing, it's three others)
You might be interested to know that the club has printed out 12,659 color pages on just that printer. Several thousand more in mono tone. (well, I thought that was kind of interesting.) If I could get anybody to do anything, it would be the newsletter. Mike S., volunteered at one point and then started working a second job so he couldn't help out.
To say I hate doing the newsletter is a monumentual understatement. [:'(] I only have working emails for about half our members so just sending out one of thoselittle email newsletters isn't a real option yet.

We're going to be raffling offthe AMS starter kit at the Deer Classic. The Innerloc bow at the Billy Davis, the barracuda at the State shoot. Unless, somebody has a better idea. Anybody? [:-] There are some smaller items we can sell or raffle too. Steve donated some bow racks but they were too big to mail so we ended up selling them on consignment at the archery shop.

Luke volunteered to run an additional fund-raiser also. We just need to get him some working capital to work with. He's also working on the door prizes.

Steve said he'd be making the majority of the plaques again. I'll check w/him to be sure.

JohnnyB is keeping good track of the funds in our checking acct.. He can provide that at the meeting.

I'd like to start rounding up volunteers for our Two Rivers Fishing Fair in Grafton, ILon June 6th. This is a Saturday from 8am to 3pm. This is the event where we have kids shoot at the swimming fish. (about 1500 kids)
If anybody can help with it, please let me know.

BillyK will be keeping track of our fish count. JohnnyB will be handling the IB9C.

Thanks.
C