HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shockwave made by Hornady? Barnes a better bullet?
Old 02-15-2009, 09:27 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Shockwave made by Hornady? Barnes a better bullet?

What your restrictions are in CA I could not say and would not guess. Is the Barnes a better bullet then the T/C or Hornady??? Well that's a good question. Without doubt, if the Barnes are accurate, you will get extreme long range accuracy normally, very controlled expansion for bullet wounds, and they do not loose their weight or fragment 99% of the time. Its like they turn into a mushroom and open up and just plow through.

A lot of deer have been killed with Hornady bullets in SST, Shockwaves, etc. Are they a good bullet?? Some have excellent luck and others claim they blow through, no wound channel, no blood trails. I personally never shot a deer with a sabot so I will not comment on something I have no field experience with. All of my statements are from what I have read or been told.

Some other good bullets, if legal, Nosler, Speer, Parker Extreme... All are accurate, and from what I read work great on game. I still shoot conicals and roundball most the time when I hunt.