HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sighting in the Nikon Omega
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Ky Headhunter

Default RE: Sighting in the Nikon Omega

Nice shooting... looks like she'll handle most anything you put down the barrel pretty darn well.

I then had to test Murphy and shot #6 and as you can see, blew the group.
I have the same habit. Did it again this afternoon with the .54 New Englanderas a matter of fact. Had a 1-1/4" 5-shot group, instead of changing targets I just hadda shoot a 6th, opened it up to 2-1/2". Think I pulled the trigger a bit off kilter on that last one (that's my story & I'm sticking to it), but like your group, still not too bad.

Who knows, maybe they used a fresh cutting bit the day they bored your rifle, or a new button for the rifling, assuming the Genesis is button-rifled. I think that sort of thing is the reason why a group of people shooting the same make/model of rifle can have results varying from tack driver to mediocre (or worse). Any cutting bit will wear over time, of course any decent manufacturer will have a have a fairly tight tolerance for such equipment, but I suppose they can't afford to put a new one in for every barrel. Either way, looks like you came out on the good end of this one... sometimes you're the baseball, sometimes you're the bat!