HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rangefinders w/ ARC etc.???
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 02:00 PM
fingerz42
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rangefinders w/ ARC etc.???

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

TFOX,I see sort of what you're getting at, but you clearly have no phsyics background. Shooting uphill, or downhill are the exact same if given the same angle. Shooting 10 degrees uphill, will be the same as shooting 10 degrees downhill. Theres no difference in where you would aim. Weird huh? And for your application of being 20 foot up a tree, and shooting another 30 downhill, thats all fine and dandy, but I'm still shooting with my 20 yard pin. And then I'm going to stop hunting off cliffs.
What the heck makes you think I don't know that?

I am well awair of how an arrow drops,up or downhill.The reason I said to try it shooting uphill is because it is IMPOSSIBLE to range a tree straighht out if shooting uphill.In this situation,you would need countless hours of practice with this type of shot to make it OR,one of these rangefinders.

BUT,there is a difference in where you AIM when shooting uphill verses downhill,you just shoot them both for the same yardage.Wierd HUH

OH,and sight paralax does make an uphill shot slightly different than a downhill shot,as does gravity when you get into greater distances but neither will be encountered in a hunting situation.[:-]
you're splitting hairs.. the entrance would be in a different spot, whether shooting from uphill or downhill or the animal, but the arrow will still pass through the boiler room.. you act like you're telling me something I dont know..