HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rangefinders w/ ARC etc.???
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 04:51 PM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rangefinders w/ ARC etc.???

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

It takes some extreme situations before it is necessary. All it takes is a little math to figure that out.

Dan
Mountain goat at 45 yards by your rangefinder at about what you figure to be a 55 degree down angle. What do you shoot him for? (Jeopardy music in background...) Is your angle estimate accurate? Do you carry cosines in your pocket? Point is that it's more than just a little math on top of a bunch of other stuff you've got to stop from going wrong. They are definitely worth their weight and expense in those extreme circumstances.
ps.) (COS 55)(45) = 26 Hard to trust it but if you do... Bam! dead goat.
I did Not say they never were an advantage

How many Archer's Goat hunt? or How many Archers hunt any animals in mountains so steep it matters?

How many Archers hunt Whitetail, Antelope, Bear, etc.?

If I ever buy a New one I'll get the Arc, but I've never took a shot at an animal where it mattered, and I have hunted at least 6 different states, and 5 different provinces.

That's not what the marketing would have you believe. They would have you think "You must have it or you miss all the time!"
I know better! A lot of better places to spend your money unless you are in that small % that hunts mountains at a 55 degree angle[8D]

Dan

Absolutely agree.

I was just poking a little fun but there are some that hunt primarily hills and mountains and the 99% number would be a little off for them,for you or me,it is probably pretty accurate.I did,however have one stand set last year that it would be an advantage to have the arc system and a few other potential places on my farm that it would be a valuable asset as well.

Oh,and the math is quite simle,I use the same theorums and trig functions at work on a regular basis.