HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - anyone bow hunt africa
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 09:12 AM
iamyourhuckleberry
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anyone bow hunt africa

Mark,

Yes, SKB all the way. I travel with a SKB dble bow case, I usually take two bows. Make sure you take the sights off each bow and carry them in with your carry-on. Baggage guys have a way of tearing up sights. I use bow slings to protect my strings-I have two onwhile the bowsare in the case. I also use a plastic arrow case to transport my arrows/broadheads. The arrow case fits nicely in the skb case. You are not going to need a whole lot of hunting clothes-they do your laundry daily. Three changes of clothes (one for travel, two for hunting) will suffice. It's dry in Limpopo, so one pair of ankleheightboots is plenty (Crocs are great on the plane and for around camp). Warm jacket is a must. It's cold in the mornings. A stocking cap and light weight gloves help. If you can find a single detachable quiver with brackets to work on both bows, it saves room. You'll need a camera, binocs, rangefinder...The thing to rememeber, you do not need a whole lot of stuff. Your PH and the outfitter will have nearly everything as far as the hunting goes.

Takesome candy...wins favors with the help and is great when your throat is dry in the blind

For international flights, you get two 50 pound bags as your luggage allotment, plus a carry-on

I can help you get a SKB case at cost....PM me.

One last piece of advice: go to Africa with an open mind and with zero expectations! You'll have more fun when you are capable of adapting to the present conditions verses those you pre-conceived. Don't let your undies get balled up for any reason-it's hunting for goodness sake. Stay positive and listen to your PH-don't shoot the very first thing you see, your PH will tell you what's good or not-listen.