HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - good deer bullet?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:21 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: good deer bullet?

I just recently got some 150 grain ones and tried them target shooting. Never shot a deer with one. As many of you have read my gun seems super picky about the ammo. I get about 2" groups or so with Federal Fusion ammo vs with these I got about a 3" group but I decided it was cheaper and still close enough to kill a deer. 3 shots were probably in a 2" group one right next the other but the one of the 4 shots was a little out that made it a 3" group. I posted pictures of targets in another thread. That's just me and my gun though. It may have been a little me too.

I've heard people really like them on deer. I shot a deer at 150 yards with the Federal Fusion. It was a large doe and it just flopped over. Didn't move at all from where I shot it. It didn't do much damage. Just left a hole about 1" in diameter all the way through the deer but it did flop it over. Someone had shot the deer in the butt already with buckshot. We learned when skinning it. Only 2 or 3 pellets had hit it so they had mostly missed it but they had hit it. Didn't look hurt at all when I shot it but when we skinned it we found the couple pellets and little dried blood from it.