HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Limbdriver
Thread: Limbdriver
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 10:02 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default Limbdriver

Got my Limbdriver and installed it today. Super solid/simplly designed and talk about easy to setup (good vid on the VT website). No having to split a bow-cable and draw and re-draw a bazillion times to get the rest timing correct, then try to serve in the tie cord without messing up the timing, etc etc. Not only that, fresh out of the package the spring tension was pretty much perfect as was the centershot- I only had to do a very minor adjustment on launcher height.

In addition, despite the fact that I had tried to get the tension as light as possible on the buss cable with the Cobra dropaway I was using, it must have been having some tension effect as it approached full draw. The Admiral feels noticably easier to draw at the back end now with the Limbdriver. Binaries seem very sensitive to this. My GT-500 is the same way.

So thanx to Dan (MeanV) for getting the rest out to me so quickly, but I do have a few questions to those who use/are familiar with it.

1) Not 100% positive, but it sure seems like the cable/rope is going to cause a little noise/vibe at the shot-anyone have noise issues? I was thinking a Bowtech squid or Jax silencer would prolly work- anyone tried this?

2) Vaportrail reccos just leaving a tag end of about 2" of cable/rope after it passes through the arm attachment set screw (for fine tuning as the cable stretches in). Has anyone actually ran the rope up the other side and served/tied it in? Seems like that would be much less worrisome (I don't trust small set screws on materials with "give")

3) Anyone put a jam nut on the back side of the screw for the split limb attachment? neccessary?

Tomorrow night I hopefully can get up to the range and give her a go!