HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stuck case
Thread: Stuck case
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 05:52 AM
eldeguello
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stuck case

ORIGINAL: CHAMP198

ok so i was going through some of my 30-06 brass and was depriming them well there was one case that got stuck in the die and i cannot get it out at all...i have tried every thing that i can think of took the die apart and tried to tap it out with a punch took a dremel tool and cut the case head trying to maybe relieve some of the pressure and also tried visegrips on it and nothing works....anyone else got any ideas? its an RCBS die and i contaced them to see what they tell me but thought someone here might know something i can try
Remove the decapping assembly and the expander button. With the head cut off, twist a tapered rattail rasp into the case walls inside of the cavity. It will bite into the brass of the case walls (don't insert it too far and mess up the die). Next,use a punch to tap the rest of the case out of the die, tapping on the top of the raspafter the decapping assembly is out of the die. If you have one, a thread-cutting die of the right size can be substituted for the rasp-anything that will twist into the case walls.....