HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Federal Fusion vs Federal Blue Box soft points
Old 01-31-2009, 07:47 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default Federal Fusion vs Federal Blue Box soft points

After reading the stories in the other thread about all the damage the blue box Federals are doing it got me wondering which is better on deer?
This is for a 30-06 BTW. The Fusions I've used are in 150 grain and the blue box ones are 150 grain also.
I bought a box at a gun show today. I've had trouble finding them locally as Wal-Mart seems to be sold out and I've checked 2. One I've looked for them before. They seem to be fairly hard to find so I snagged a box up today at the gun show.

Anyway, I'm not sure how much rifle will like them as I've had a lot of issues with it shooting other bullets accurately. However, it really likes the Federal Fusions. I'm hoping it will like these but not sure yet.

That being said what's the best for deer? I shot one doe at about 150 yards with the Fusion in 150 grain this year and the doe just flopped over and didn't move 2 feet from where it was when I shot. However, the Fusion didn't do a lot of damage. It left about a 1" hole straight through the deer. Didn't leave a big hole or destroy much but it did drop the deer right then and there. It sounds like these soft points in the blue box are doing lots of damage.