HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why I Lost Respect The PGC
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 04:15 PM
WCO R.W.J
Fork Horn

Default RE: Why I Lost Respect The PGC

ORIGINAL: explorer_Jack

"but they're not much different from the average policeman one meets during a traffic stop."

Is that cop going through your trunk or asking you questions as you are guilty of a crime? I don't think it is even close to that.

I don't like the idea that they think theygot more power than the state police.
They are not paid by the state or tax dollars.If I start an organization can I do what I want without tax payers dollars being involved, Or would I been fined and trhown in jail? Like tresspass on peoples property or have a road check or rummage through your car without a warrant or your shed on your property.
Jack a WCO/DWCO has no right to search a vehicle without permission or a warrant obtained thru the court. There are some exceptions such as a "Terry long search" for weapons upon returning occupants to the vehicle and you have already patted down the occupants for weapons. But all Cops have that too. But a trunk NO WAY not without permission or a warrant. To do so would violate your civil rights and open the WCO up to a personal civil suit and no WCO I know wants to lose his home and possessions to pay a judgement.