HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why I Lost Respect The PGC
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 02:24 PM
lost horn
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why I Lost Respect The PGC

ORIGINAL: DennyF

I've had a hunting license since 1958. Over the years I've been checked numerous times, usually by Deputies, which account for all of the less than pleasant encounters. None rose to the level of anything I've seen jabbered about on the internet. I often wonder how much of the tussle was related to the attitude of the person being interviewed?

Worst case ever? Stopped to get in an hour of squirrel hunting after school one year (1963, brief window of opportunity...no football practice that night).The tree rats had just gotten settled from me walking in, when an old goat Dep. came tromping down through the woods to check my license.

He liked to do that sort of thing, apparently enjoyed annoying people? Asked me what I was doing, told him trying to shoot some squirrels, but wouldbe going home since there wasn't enough time left now, after his intrusion. He was a gruff old character and no one I knew, liked him much (even out of uniform). I considered him to be an idiot and an embarrassment to the game commission.

I've met Deps. that were rude and unprofessional in my opinion, but none ever riled me up much. Most of those meetingswere long ago. Today's Deps. seem much more professional.

Have met a few WCOs that could've benefitted from apersonality adjustment, but they're not much different from the average policeman one meets during a traffic stop. One of our former countyWCOs was a tad light in the congenial interaction department, but we got to like each other eventually, when we began to relish each other's sarcasms and twisted sense of humor. He's been dead for years, still miss hecklingthe ol' varmint.

I see you go way back to the good old days, do you remember Norn Erikson? He was a WCO in Cameron Co. for many years.