HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why I Lost Respect The PGC
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 01:45 PM
Windwalker7
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why I Lost Respect The PGC

I'm not sure if they were deputies or not. They did have an olive drab colored Jeep Cherokee. I can't recall if they had that keystone emblem on the side or not.

I do remember that they were younger in age. They were both in uniform though.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just expected that since I just had a camera, that they would have been nice and maybe ask a few questions and made a bit of small talk. I didn't expect to be treated like a suspect right off the bat.

That camera was new and it was hard to sit there watching them push buttons and eject the tape. I kept quiet and only answered questions politely.

I do feel that they were trying to get me riled up. I could sense it by the manner in which they looked at me as they were pressing buttons instead of looking at the camera. In my gut I feel they were trying to mess something up or get me to say something.

When they figured out how to eject the tape and one of them chuckled to the other, I knew they were just trying to aggrevate me.

I'm sure there are good guys out there and I have met a few in the field that seemed professional and treated me pretty nice, but that incident in 1988 makes me hold a grudge.

This happened in Greene County, by the way.