HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why I Lost Respect The PGC
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 01:27 PM
explorer_Jack

Default RE: Why I Lost Respect The PGC

ORIGINAL: DennyF

Is that cop going through your trunk or asking you questions as you are guilty of a crime? I don't think it is even close to that.

What world do you live in?

Any cop that suspects anything amissduring a traffic stop, will ask permission to search your vehicle. Apparently most drivers give it, because I read in the paper everyday, about the cops finding drugs, weapons and other things, after being given permission to look during traffic stops. If they ask, think there's a goodchance they'll find somethingand you refuse, you may be sitting there until a warrant is obtained.

They can also test for DUI if they suspect it. If you refuse to take a field sobriety test, guess what...your license will be suspended, whether you were drunk or not.

WCOs have the right to enter upon privateproperty. The courts have upheld that right. So do other LE people, if they have probable cause to do so. If they want to search buildings, then they need your permission or a warrant, specifying what it is they expect to find there. WCOs have no special waivers that other LE people don't have, but they do tend to have more personal interactions with people during hunting seasons, when they're active in the field.
WRONG as sproul says.
A cop is not allowed to search your vehicle for drugs without a warrant. Cops can not have random traffic stops just to check your car for drugs. What world do you live in. That is the problem with people today. News propaganda. They here it enough they think it is legal. Well it is not legal. People are brain washed from the news and TV. Same as hunting big bucks in PA. Where could of that came from? TV shows. What is the real world? Some have no clue from all the garbage they read and watch on TV. That is the truth.