HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Far from reality hunting....
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 05:51 PM
jimmy28303
Fork Horn

Default RE: Far from reality hunting....

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

ORIGINAL: jimmy28303

And the guides!!! i know alot of times they claim they didnt use them but COME ON!!! if your not using guides your the best deer hunters out there cause i dont know anyone that is successful enough on a continous basis to produce a television show. I mean, if you filmed your hunts, how many shows could you make a season showing trophy animals
The logic being.. since you don't know anyone who can do this it's NOT possible? Huh?

Think about it. Lets say Terry Drury puts down 3 bucks in 1 year. And he's hunted like 75 days on good to great land. Then yes.. a man can do this.

I'm not saying he's never talked to a guide before.. but I'm sure any man can hold their own with those odds. The real TRICK is laying it down on film. MUCH harder.

You put any good hunter on great land and he'll put one down. Put him on good land.. and he'll find a way too. Put him on poor land.. it may take him sometime... but he'll get it done. Not the big numbers maybe.. but he'll get it done.

Now.. I'm not sticking up for anyone.. Drurys included... but what one man can do another man can do.

Oh.. and Ben/PA.. love the quote from Paine. I enjoy reading Common Sense at least once a year.
Dont get me wrong duke, i wish i was hunting the land that they do. But you said 3 bucks, they are putting ALOT more then three bucks down in a year. I understand that they are hunting probably 75 days a yr or more but your talking about MULTIPLE trophy animals. I dont mind if your gonna use a guide at all, i love the realtree video's and everything on there is guided. I just dont like the fact that you are gonna try to IMPLY that the majority of your hunts are DIY when they are really not. I will still watch them so please dont think i am putting them down. the original post was simply askingwhat dont you like about them. Also, i am well aware that i cant throw a 90mph fast ball but i know it can be done so the phrase "i dont know anyone who can" was a figure of speech. sorry for the misunderstanding