HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thinking aboout switching to the RAGE 2 Blade
Old 01-28-2009, 07:24 PM
niehenke
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thinking aboout switching to the RAGE 2 Blade

I shoot the rage 2 blade and love it, but mean v and others make great points. Speaking of points, to get a good blood trail anddrop a deer within site, put a field point on and start shooting now. If you hit the shoulder, hit high in the cavity, or miss the vitals, admit the mistake, practice, and your problem is solved. Too often we can't admit that we make mistakes. I can tell you that I have made several and with each mistake, I become a better archer. I made 2 this season, I took a buck that was not a shooter and I took a shot through light cover thinking that I would not get deflection. The good news is that the second was a clean miss and the first was a direct hit with the deer falling within 20 steps from where he was hit. Never shoot through any cover and think past my shot. Only next season will tell me if I have grown. 07 mistake was poor shot placement but got the deer. Got a new bow and practiced a ton. Fixed the problem for 08. Another mistake was to calm down on a turkey. Got the bird but was not happy with the first shot placement. Not sure how to correct this one yet. I feel the same as I did when I was 12.