HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - To much Muzzle loading I think.
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 07:20 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Default To much Muzzle loading I think.

Haven't loaded to many centerfire shells in the last nearly 8 years cause 95% of my shooting has been done with a muzzle loader.

Youtes started howling outside my back door the other night so I made up my mind I was going to take the Swift and getem. Low and behold I didn't have any loaded shells for it just 500 emptys, 1000 for the 243 and about a thousand for the 7mm08 and 308 combined.
Ran them all thru the sizer dies,washed the lub off & tumbled them. Well the drive rubbers went bad on the tumbler so I had to do a repair with make do stuff as I could no longer find any signs of a company that make it still.
Then I got out my electronic powder scale. Wouldn't work, figured the barrery was shot, a test showed 9.37 volts. It is 9 years old on March 17th. I still have the recipt when I bought it. I called Cabelas and they said to send it in and they will take a look at it. They don't make that one any more so they hinted they may prorate it on a new one.
Any way I used the balance beam scale and got 200 loaded so the youtes better watch out NOW.

The 2 favorite muzzle loaders still set in the front of the safe.
Would use them as I don't care for the fur just need some extra distance to reach out and hammer them. I don't care for them at the back door howling when I am trying to sleep.

Al