HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you prefer? (Draw Cycle)
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 05:11 AM
MeanV2
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you prefer? (Draw Cycle)

It's all about body physics.Every person is the strongestduring the beginning of thedraw until the major muscles of the back are fully contracted.
Very True! It's also why many trying to stretch their draw length out a little has more trouble pulling a bow than they would at the proper Draw Length.

I've seen a ton of guys come to me that were having problems and on the verge of quitting archery, and all they needed to do was get into a bow that had the proper DL for them.

One reason it is so important a New Archer be fitted correctly the 1st time. It can be a make or break thing for many.

Just an FYI! The main reason I switched from shooting 80# and 90# bows was due to a 15' fall out of a tree. My shoulder was pretty messed up, then the following summer I took a 4' X 8' sheet of CD decking edgewise on that sameshoulder the deckinghad fell from 10' up and hit me like a Guillotine.

I had to hunt that fall with 40# I killed 3 deer including a P&Y and I guess you could say I learned 80# wasn't necessary

Heck I felt good to be able to pull a 90# bow summer before last and shoot the thing, after what my shoulder has been through.[8D]

Dan