HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - you've got a $1000..what gun would you buy?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:36 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: you've got a $1000..what gun would you buy?

That would depend on my preferences and what I hunt and in what manner. But for an inline rifle, it would be a Savage ML-10, a Thompson Center Triumph, Knight Disc Extreme, or CVA Accura (in that order) Now the Savage of course would depend on whether or not smokeless powder was legal, or it appealed to your sense of hunting. All of them would be equipped with top quality optics and then I would have all the powder and range in a muzzleloader that was possible. If all my shots were close range and in heavy cover I would look at the Green Mountain Barrel Disc Extreme 120/54 caliber for conicals.

If I were looking towards a more traditonal rifle, since that would not purchase a custom made flintlock, I would look at the Green Mountain Barrel rifle that is a Hawkins, with a 32 inch barrel and a tube scope. They sell for $599.00 and are supposed to be great shooters. Another choice would be perhaps a Pedersolli or Thompson Center Hawkins.