HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How sad hunting is becoming...
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 03:28 AM
White-tail-deer
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How sad hunting is becoming...

I agree with a lot of what has been written. I have shot a ton of young, small buck and have great memories doing it. I think every hunter should shoot what makes it "Fun" for them. I came to a point where shooting the first buck that walked up to me was not fun for me anymore. There were many years I'd be dragging my buck out by 8:00am on the first day. I much more enjoy being out in the woods, seeing multiple young buck and waiting for a more mature animal. I shoot doe. The number of tags I fill is based on how many deer in general our group is seeing. If numbers are down, I shoot less. If numbers are up I fill all my tags. There have been many times where I pass a deer and it walks over the hill and gets shot. I have no problem with that. I also archery hunt and can't stand how most archery hunters act in general. There are guys that are humble but there are many more who act elitist. I stopped visiting the bowhunter forum here because of this attitude. Anyway, I agree that hunting should be "FUN"!!