HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Game Tracker
Thread: Game Tracker
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2003, 05:15 PM
liquidorange
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Game Tracker

wow! never thought about things getting ugly like that with a string tracker. i just wanted to add that having the string tracker makes you think a lot harder about the shot. is the deer 22 yards away or 30 which would be a no shot. are there limbs or branchs in the way is there a clear shot or not. the string is not forgiving so it makes you wait for the perfect shot. i have had pass through shots and the string stays with the arrow in the ground but the string with the deer still pulls from the spool. one time it it broke off but only after the deer went 30 yards. it gave me a good indication of direction and how good the hit was. there are some bear outfitters that just about require the tracker do to the heavy cover and the fact that if the flap of fat closes the wound you will not be able to track and recover your bear. it may also give some peace of mind if your hunting in wet rainy conditions although i refuse to hunt in hard rain because of the blood trail factor. the string is not an excuse for poor tracking skills . who doesnt love tracking. i always wait 1 to 2 hours after a hit and call my brothers or hunting buddies to aid in tracking even if i know it should be an easy one. sharing the hunting experience is great like that! i dont use the string all the time so weigh your options and get hunting