HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How sad hunting is becoming...
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 06:06 PM
ww874
Spike

Default RE: How sad hunting is becoming...

wow i also totally agree. I've been reading a number of these threads and i definitly notice an arrogance among the bow hunters. I've alsonoticed the same "trophy or nothing" attitude from many people that I know that hunt. It seems anyone who shoots a spike or god forbid, a button buck by acciident, shouldn't be allowed to hunt.Personallyit's none of my business to dicate what they shoot but many seem to want to dictate what others shoot. I hunt for the love of huntingand the satisfaction of eating something I've personally taken from the woods. Ilive in a subburban area andhunting is limited to the daysI can get away. That usually equates to 3 or 4 days of bow hunting and 10 days of gun hunting. I try to hold out for a nice buck and i've shot my share of really nice deerbut if its late in the season and my tag is empty I will shoot a doe or a spike. After spending many hours in the woods I do believe any deer I've taken is a trophy and I personallylook at the spike buck that took me 50 hours in the field to kill with as much if not more satisfaction then a 6 or 8I shoot 5 minutes into opening day.
PS-I realy get a kick out of the guys who say you just need to scout better or hunt harder to get a big buck. Lets face it on opening dayof gun season in PA or NY luck plays a substainially bigger role in who shoots the big one then skill.