HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SPROULS PREDICTION ON HUNTING
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 02:57 PM
tky1187
Fork Horn

Default RE: SPROULS PREDICTION ON HUNTING

I'm really not sold on the fact that allowing crossbows and inlines is going to hurt the deer population any more than it already has been. I'm a die hard archery hunter and haven't had to use a rifle in quite a few years to fill my buck tag, and I don't think that allowing crossbows would reduce my chances at taking my buck with the bow. After hunting ohio this past year where you can use crossbows while hunting over bait even, I just don't think it would have the impact all you think it would. And before you say well ohio doesn't have the hunters PA does let me tell you that I was also out for there gun season and it looked as bad or worse with the amount of hunters that were there. Also you will say well it's shotgun only and that saves alot of deer. I agree that this does save some deer but I know that at 100yds a deer is as sure of being dead with most slug guns as it is with any rifle.Also the area I hunted you would not shoot beyond 100yds very easily, just like most your shots on state game lands are not goign to be beyond 100yds. Just a few things to think about before everyone thinks it's officially doomsday.