HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Game Tracker
Thread: Game Tracker
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 06:38 PM
liquidorange
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Game Tracker

ive used it a couple times. i prefer to mount it to the front of the stabilizer just cause its easier. i think theres a special bracket to mount it above if you want. it works great but a few things to keep in mind. to brake the spool in take 2 or 3 shots at 20 yards to make sure its on target and to loosen the spool. it will tell you to do this on the package . i never really worried about shots up to 25 yards but thats about all i have faith in it because of drag from the string weighing the arrow down and brush and branchs getting in the way. also it comes with a snap on cap to hold the string in the tracker when not using but you pop it open and it hangs down from the tracker when shooting. i would highly recommend removing the cap totaly as i had my string get caught on it while shooting at a deer. the arrow did a funny loop and landed right in front of the deer. me and the deer had a good laugh. another thing i like about the string tracker is that it helps open the deer up like a knife cutting to assist in a better trail and quicker kill. when hunting i just twist the broadhead back a turn and wrap the string and tighten the broadhead. they make special clips but this method works for me. give it a try!