HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shoot or pass?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 10:24 PM
lnen#1

Default RE: Shoot or pass?

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

ORIGINAL: lnen#1

You think the Native Americans ever passed up on a shot just because they couldn't hit the vitals...no way. I'm taking any shot I can take, granted I want the highest percentage shot available to me, neck shot, liver their never out of the question I guess I'm not one of the so called "ethical" hunters, but don't really give a rats a** what anybody thinks about my philosophy.
You don't have a philosophy lnen, you have poor shot judgement. We are not hunting like the Native Americans once did, and to confuse the two endeavors is not wise. Unless you are sustinence hunting, then not only is your philosophy off base about your shot placement, but so is your analogy of how native american hunters and ourselves are similar.
If I'm hungry I'm going to take the shot, killed several does with well placed head and neck shots. I'm a food hunter first, then a trophy hunter. I have no quams with your "opinion"; I just do what it takes to get the meat on the ground. Don't get me wrong there sir, I'm not going to take a gut shot just to shoot in fear of tainting my meat but I also a confident shooter and know over my 20+ years of bowhunting that you have more lethal shots than just the wheelhouse.