HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - IL Deer Task Force Final Recommendations.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:46 AM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: IL Deer Task Force Final Recommendations.

9 day antlerless only season? I hate that idea, it just leads to more poaching and shooting of bucks that have dropped their antlers. 9 days is just too many. I also don't like the unlimited number of doe tags. That means some farmers will go out there with 20 doe tags and kill every deer they see. Ive heard of problems in WI with the unlimited number of doe tags really making a negative impact on the numbers. Maybe one tag a day for the 3 day season, but 9 days with unlimited tags is not a good idea.

I agree, bring back the check stations. I visit one in Michigan every year and love being able to check in my deer. The technology they have to help with the population is incredible now. I gaurentee that MI is in worse shape financially than IL. Someone in Springfield just needs to get there head out of the behind. I just don't understand why they get one person to run each check station and have biology students at the local colleges work them for extra credit. There are enough colleges in this state that this would easily work.