HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Desert Stryker..
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 08:46 AM
GrumpyTom
Typical Buck

Default RE: Desert Stryker..

ORIGINAL: Wyvern Crossbow

Ya know, you are right...I am just talking Greek here anyway and facts dont seem to really matter.
Wyvern
Do you really think that the "anit-dryfire mechanism" is the best thing for a crossbow, if so then you need to take a second look at the issue. Excalibur chooses to not include the anti-dryfire because it is a mechanical device and Mechanical Devices should never be trusted in safety situations ( if you go though a safety coarse (electrical, mechanical ect)and trust a mechanical device for your safety, witout locking out, you will fail around here). You see, mechanical devices do have a tendicy in time to fail, when and were noone will ever know so it is better to develop safe shooting practices right from the beginning and not rely on a device. These devices are also something else which can go wrong with the bow. KISS method...... Keep It Simple.

You are correct that if the customer wants speed, that for him that is the important factor, but your blank statement that they are missleading the customer because factory equipment they can't get their advertised speeds is just plain silly. I contacted a location today and asked if I could get an Excalibur Crossbow, and arrows from them to achive the advertised speeds. The answer was yes but they would have to sell after market arrows (not excalibur brand), he would substitute to a different string& 100gr headsto go with the lighter weight, but everything was still safe to shoot. There was no need for the seller to get into deep conversation about this or that, only that the manufactur sold heavier weighted arrows and not the lighter but he carried the lighter arrows in the store. He did not tell me that the lighter arrow would make the bow more loud or that what was the reason Excalibur sold their bows with the Dacron or heavier arrows, he just wanted to fill my order to achive the rated speeds, there was no problem for his store.

I guess my training in SAFETY, that becomes the most important fact for me ............ SAFETY FIRST