HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Moutrie Game Cam II
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 11:37 PM
antlergetter

Default RE: Moutrie Game Cam II

I feel they are very vunerable to water damage. I' ve used mine for two years, and have never goten a full roll of pics with deer in them. First, last summer I put it out for the first time on " high power" mode, and put it too low on the tree, which was about 3ft off the ground, but the under growth was too thick, and every thing set it off....I had two pictures with does and the others were all just weeds. So I called that one a user error, and put it back out, this time completely clear of debris. Again, full roll of weed pics and i noticed that inside the casing was wet, so i had to completely dry it out. I went back yet again(in the rain), and moved to a diff. location, and this time I sat about 30ft behind the camera for an hour or so, with the cam. set on 6min intervals. No joke this thing sat there for about ten min or so and then started snapping pics about every 2min or so...again the inside had gotten wet. To make a long storie short, this year i put the camera out...and it went a day or two without getting a pic (going by date on pic), then i got a few deerpics. but then as soon as that area got a major rain storm, it spent the remainder of the roll.

I thought I had a defective camera, but I have heard other people on this forum say they had the same problem. I did hear one guy say(i forget who) that he cut a rubber glove into small strips and put it all the way around the opening. Altho I' ve yet to try that it sound like a good idea.

Honestly, if I had the extra money, I would prob. invest in one with better reviews, but if not just try the rubber glove before you even put the thing out. That may save some time and money in the long run.