HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - White G series "Bison"
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 10:28 AM
gregrn43
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: White G series "Bison"

I have a whitetail G-series and I love this gun. I bought mine about 15 or 16years ago when Roger Raglin was shooting them. Had a local pawn shop order me one. They load so easy like noother gun that I have ever had. Mine is stainless and it came with a fiberglass stock. When it was about 5 yrs old I notice the stock hadvery fine cracks in it. I called white and they told me to send the gun back and they would replace it. Whenit came back it sported a laminated stock hmmm I called them they stated that they no longer hadthe fiberglass stocks.Oh well the stock looks great anyway. Accuracy is great with the right bullet. It bacame hard to fine the super slugs that mine shot so well, soI started looking around for some other kind. I found out that mine shoots theTC maxi in 370gr superbly, but for some strange reason the 350gr is all over the place. I have never tried any sabots thru mine, but cayugadinformed me that they will shootsabots well so this summer I plan to try some sabots thru mine. Icant really remember butI gave around $350 or $375 formine, to me $200doesnt sound so bad to me. Mine has never given me a minutes trouble other than the stock.Mine has a bold trigger on it that is fully adjustable,its set at 2.5lbs with no creep. Its short and light and awesome for hunting in thickcover or in the fields.My longest shot that I have taken adeer with was 166 yards. Its a real shame that they are no longer the company they once was,I really dont know if they are still in business now or not, butI think you would be pleased with a White rifle.