HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Desert Stryker..
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Wyvern Crossbow
Fork Horn

Default RE: Desert Stryker..

I really dont understand how you feel I am still "missing what Excalibur is all about"?? I fully understand the dependable, safe, quality thing, if I didnt I would not sell them.Those aspects were never in question and I most certainly do explain those qualities when noting the features of the bow.

"This is not saying that using the 350gr arrow or other string is not safe, IT IS. It is just that with the standard equipment there is more foregiveness if the user makes a mistake like a dryfire. Believe it or not ..... many people do dryfire their crossbows, even the exterianced shooters, not just the rookies. Maybe you should explain this to the new purchaser not just sorta misslead them yourself by saying
[blockquote]quote:

"Well, they really dont shoot the same speed.[/blockquote]
because I know that Excalibur can achive their quoted speeds with hunting arrows. "

Well, first off, snipping out that one part took my statement out of context. The full line is:
""Well, they really dont shoot the same speed. If I custom make really light arrows for you and upgrade your string they will, but out of the box the Profusion will be faster". "

That is not missleading, it is stating a fact and answering the customers question as to comparative speeds. If I took your suggestion and changed it to:
"well, the Profusion will be faster if you use Tenpoint arrows than the Excalibur will with their factory arrows and factory installed string. The reason is thatif and when you happen to dryfire theExcalibur, because unlike the Profusion it has no anit-dryfire mechanism, the heavier arrows and stretchier string will help prevent bow damage". Where is THAT an improvement??? Now I just scared the customer that the Excal can and will potentialy blow up on him if he is not extreamly careful and it is still not as fast as the Profusion using factory equipment.

Speed is not everything, and IMO, it is only a factor if the customer really feels it is. My problem is that in many instaces it is the first thing asked about and tip-toeing around what is listed and what will be achieved without resorting to custom built components is unnessicary. All it would take is a factory 350gr Excalibur arrow.

Wyvern